Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Chardonnay

154.2 lbs
38.9% Fat
26.1 BMI
7.8 lbs Lost
--------------

Day 7.
Mamma had a few Chardonnays. I accompanied a friend to a 'Ladies Party' up the street last night. It's a rare occasion when I don't have to drive, so I thought I would take the opportunity to indulge in a few glasses of wine. After all, the baby was in good hands at home with her Daddy... or so I thought.

It was some what of a buzz kill when I was dropped off at home, to find that my family had also just returned home. They had gone to visit a friend shortly after I left the house. While I don't care that they went, I was really uncomfortable that I didn't know about it.

As a mom, I want to know where my baby is at all times. There is a sense of security knowing that your family is home safe. To find out I was out enjoying myself with a false sense of security, left me with an uneasy feeling. As I was warding off the guilt that was trying to take over my buzz, I expressed to my husband in my sweetest and most stern voice, "Honey... Don't ever do that again. I want a phone call!" I proceeded to state my case, "I carried her inside of me for over 9 months, I have only been apart from her a handful of hours in her whole life! I just need to know where she is... when to worry." He laughed at me a little and agreed. I mean really... who is going to poke the Mamma Bear?

I realize that this makes me sound a bit uptight. With that said, being a parent means you will always have the thought of your child in the back of your head. I might physically be at a get together, sipping on a glass of wine and munching on a celery stick... but I am mentally thinking, 'It's 7:30- she's having her bedtime milk.'

The second she was put into my arms on the day she was born, an overwhelming feeling of responsibility filled me through and through. That's not something that you can just put out of your mind, even when you know she is in the best hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment