Monday, May 24, 2010

Witchy Woman

155.2 lbs
39.2% Fat
26.2 BMI
6.8 lbs Lost
--------------

Day 5.

It only took a few beats before the crowd stood to their feet when the Eagles began playing Witchy Woman. A Seinfeld fan myself, I can't help but think of Elaine whenever I hear this song. As I began playing the scene over again in my head, my husband looks over at me and says, "Did you ever see that Seinfeld where Elaine tries to make this her song?" No doubt a thought running through at least half of the minds in the amphitheater at that same moment.

Speaking of Elaine... My husband and I were so lucky to pick a patch of lawn next to the Eagles' biggest fan. A lady who couldn't contain her excitement. She was moving her body in every direction, to every beat, of every song. We had the best seats in the house. And just when we thought it couldn't get any better, a lost and intoxicated man separated from his friends, stumbles up to her and begins dancing to the beat of a song that only they could hear. While it looked like a grasshopper mating with a bird... it was refreshing to watch. To see two people enjoying themselves to the fullest without a care in the world.

Watching this phenomenon known as the Eagles, snuggled up in blankets with my husband, warming each other from the cold; it seemed as though time stood still. Even though hundreds of people were around us, it felt as though it was only us. I felt honored to be watching this talent perform in front of me. To be carried away with the energy of the amphitheater, with memories of camping trips, road trips and Barbecues filling my mind.

The power of music, and it's amazing effect on the soul- it's a gift. A gift wrapped up in this perfect package of romance and memories... tied with the most amazing shooting star that I have ever seen. It was an incredible night. Happy birthday, honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment