Friday, May 21, 2010

The Power of Fantasy

158.4 lbs
39.5% Fat
26.8 BMI
----------
Day 3.

Fantasy. It's a pretty powerful tool. While my reality plays a mean defense, my fantasy can manage to get in a few touchdowns from time to time.

I am a thinker. Thinking seems to get in the way of ALL the fun stuff! Thinking in the bedroom is never a good thing. And while I know this... I often find myself thinking about how I am thinking, when I should be in the moment with my husband. I will say however, I am also a multitasker, because I am still enjoying myself and feeling good...and managing to make him feel good, all at the same time.

Getting to the 'Big O'. Trust me when I say the problem is me, not him. He is truly the one and only who has ever given me a mind blowing experience... and he does this on a regular basis. The trouble is that I get in the way of myself. One moment I am kissing my way down below the belt with thoughts of my mouth on him, and his hands on me... and then BAM! Suddenly without warning, I am sorting through bills in my head.

My favorite, and by favorite I mean most hated, is when his hand finds it's way to my mushy spots. Once able to reposition myself to stretch out those unfavored areas... after the baby- it is what it is. Mushy. And there is no camouflaging it. Right then.. the negative self-talk begins and I fall out of the moment. Do men experience this? Or is it another one of Life's jokes meant only for women? So there it happens again... reality.

Thankfully, there are Victoria's Secret commercials! Am I imagining those beautiful ladies? No. I am imagining those beautiful ladies' bodies, with my head on them! I don't fantasize about other men. I fantasize about my man doing dirty things to me... and in those moments... I 'borrow' a body. While my weight is ever so present on my mind on this Day 3 of my renewal, I am grateful to those gorgeous women for giving me the visual I sometimes need while doing the deed.

Making sure we sneak in a session between the sheets, and make it to the finish line isn't always easy as parents. And it's harder as a woman I think, and even more so as a mom... to just flip the switch to 'On' when a moment presents itself. Between changing diapers and wiping the spit-up off of you, a little fantasy can offer the sexiness needed to get your head in the game.

At least with your partner, fantasy can become reality. As it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment